Just because a recipe has a short list of ingredients, doesn't mean it will be short on flavor. Take this easy, fresh caprese salad. Instead of tomatoes, there are gorgeous plump figs. Creamy mozzarella, basil and a drizzle of olive complete this perfect summer side dish.
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella or fresh mozzarella (if you want it to be EXTRA special, use burrata cheese)
- 8 ounces ripe fresh figs, cut into quarters
- Torn basil leaves (for serving)
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
Tear mozzarella into medium pieces and arrange on a platter.
Tuck figs around cheese and scatter basil over top.
Season with pepper and lots of salt.
Drizzle generously with oil.