Hey there! Welcome to my little corner of the web - A Menu for You!
Wondering who I am?
Let me introduce myself -- I'm Lisa, home cook, mom of two, almost empty nester (not quite sure how to feel about that!), married 23 years, binge watcher (but really trying to read more!), coffee drinker, favorite season is summer (sand in the toes, flip flops and sunscreen!), and California girl at heart (even though my home for the last 13 years has been the PNW).
So, why did I start this website?
Because recipes, like good food are meant to be shared. It has always filled my soul with such joy to feed family and friends. My personal favorite meals are the long, lazy summer dinners where we eat outside, under twinkly lights (which, as I get older, I appreciate more and more!), passing platters of bbq and pouring ice cold drinks. We would eat slowly, savoring instead of rushing. Instead of looking at meals as just a way to fuel our bodies, wouldn't it be great if we could also look at meals as a way to fuel our souls. Sharing meals with those we love is a fantastic way to do both. Even if meal time is as simple as a cheese platter and a glass of wine (which, if we're being honest, is my kind of dinner!), discovering the simple pleasure of taking the time to enjoy it without looking at a clock or checking an email is incredibly important. Especially now, more than ever, when we are being bombarded by emails, social media, 24 hour news and seemingly never ending stress.
As you scroll through the pages of my website, whether you enjoy the recipes and meals with yourself, a few friends or a huge gathering, I hope you remember to eat slowly, laugh loudly and save room for seconds!
My philosophy about cooking is VERY simple:
- Recipes are guidelines -- you can always tweak and change them according to what you like to eat
- Cooking can be fun (don't laugh, it's true!)
- Simple food with fresh, seasonal ingredients is the best kind of food
- You don't need fancy equipment, or to spend countless hours in the kitchen to prepare something delicious
- Enjoying a meal with those you love is an amazing way to refuel your soul
Intrigued and want to learn more? Click HERE to head over to How it Works.
5 things you should know about me:
- I'm a 4th generation California (making my kiddos 5th generation!) and was born and raised in Los Angeles. Even though I LOVE living in the PNW, I do miss the sunshine (especially from February to July!) and really good, authentic Mexican food.
- The majority of my summers and vacations were spent visiting my grandparents ranch near Santa Barbara. My most favorite memories are horseback riding, making homemade jam with my aunt, mom and cousins and eating fresh tart blackberries right from the vine.
- Before I moved to Seattle, I had never lived outside Los Angeles. Ever. To say it was a challenge would be a HUGE understatement, but now, 12 years later, I can't imagine living anywhere else.
- My husband is from Hawaii (born and raised!) and we dream about someday moving there.
- When I'm not in the kitchen cooking, I'm driving my daughter around (I'm also counting down the days until she gets her license!), binge watching (current favorite is The Crown and Ozark) or reading (I'm really trying to read more, so my new routine is to read before bed instead of check email and social media).
Wow, did you just read all the way to the end? Thanks!
Want to stay in touch? I'd love to have you join my inner circle and be the first to know about the latest blog posts, menus and tips. Click HERE and I'll add you the list! As a bonus (and a thank you for signing up) you'll also get 5 menus, absolutely free!