Baked potatoes are an easy and fun way to shake up the boring lunch routine.
- 4 pounds potatoes (about 10 medium), washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper (divided)
- 6 slices uncooked bacon (about 6 ounces total)
- 2 tablespoons white all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon fine kosher or table salt (and maybe more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground sage (and maybe more to taste)
- 3 cups coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Reheat baked potato in the microwave until warm. (about 2 minutes)
- After reheated, scoop out flesh and add butter and mix well. Place in Thermos with sour cream, cheese and bacon on top.Pack inside lunch bag with any additional “cold” topping such as chives.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!