It was as if the ingredients had a pow-wow and said “Okay troops, gather round.. it’s time to party on the bacon boat!”
- 1 lb bacon (I prefer thick cut)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top.
- Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat add the brown sugar, bourbon and maple syrup.
- Cook, stirring often until the mixture is reduced and because a thick syrup/glaze. ~about 15-30 minutes. Watch the heat so it doesn’t burn.
- Place the pieces of bacon on top of the rack trying not to overlap. Spoon or brush the syrup on top of the bacon.
- Place in oven and cook for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the bacon. Spoon or brush the mixture on top of the bacon.
- Return to the oven and cook for 13 minutes.
- If the bacon is not crispy enough (remember it’ll crisp up as it cools), flip the bacon over, spoon any remaining spice mixture and bake for a few more minutes. OR you can broil for 1 minute each side but watch as this will burn.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool 1 minute on the rack and then using cooking tongs, and remove the bacon from the rack and plate.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!