- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 large loaf ciabatta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the first five ingredients in a food processor and chop until finely minced. In a medium saute pan heat the olive oil over low heat and then add the garlic mixture. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes until garlic is tender - do not let the garlic brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cut the bread in half, butter the top half of bread, and spoon the oil-garlic mixture evenly on both sides. Sprinkle with parmesan. Wrap in tin foil and put on sheet pan.
Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
Carefully remove the tin foil and discard and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Slice crosswise and serve warm.