Layers of all your favorite ingredients.
- 1 to 4 tablespoons salad dressing
- Mix of raw vegetables, fresh and dried fruit, nuts, cheese, and other salad ingredients
- Salad greens
- Wide-mouth canning jars with tight-fitting lids:
- Hard vegetables: Next, add any hard chopped vegetables you're including in your salad, like carrots, cucumbers, red peppers and cooked beets.
- Next, add any beans, grains, and/or pasta, like chickpeas, black beans, cooked barley, cooked rice, and pasta corkscrews.
- Cheese and proteins (optional): Add a layer of diced or crumbled cheese and proteins like tuna fish, diced (cooked) chicken or hard-boiled eggs
- Softer vegetables and fruits (optional): Next, add any soft vegetables or fruits, like avocados, tomatoes, diced strawberries, or dried apricots.
- Nuts, seeds, and lighter grains: Next, add any nuts or seeds, like almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds.
- Salad greens: Last but not least, fill the rest of the jar with salad greens.
- Tossing and eating the salad: When ready to eat, unscrew the lid and shake the salad into the bowl. The action of shaking the salad into the bowl is usually enough to mix the salad with the dressing. If not, toss gently with a fork until coated.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!