For all those busy nights, lazy nights, don’t want to cook nights, “what should I make for dinner?” nights, need something NOW nights, need something everyone will LOVE nights – Thank you Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos.
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas (we prefer raw tortillas)
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese , more or less to taste
- Burrito Filling
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa (medium for more of a kick)
- hot sauce to taste
- Customizable Filling/Topping Ingredients
- sour cream
Add onions and beef to a large skillet and cooked over medium heat until onions are softened and meat is cooked through. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat (if there is any).
Stir in all of the spices/seasonings, followed by refried beans until well incorporated, followed by sour cream and salsa. Heat through.
If using raw tortillas, cook according to package directions. If using cooked tortillas, stack them together on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds or until warmed through.
Line the middle of each tortilla with desired amount of cheese. Top with Bean and Beef filling and any additional desired filling ingredients.* Fold in the edges of each tortilla and roll up “burrito style.” Serve with additional sour cream, guacamole, etc. (optional).
Optional to “crisp” burritos: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add burritos, 3 at a time, seam side down, and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.