For all of the doubters and disbelievers that a 30 minute meal can be packed with flavor.......this dish is for you. This dish is ALSO for all you spice lovers, because it has a serious kick. But, this dish is also for those who want to dip their toe into the spicy waters because you can easily cut the spices in half and still have a dish that will knock your socks off.
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili garlic oil (if you can’t find this, use Sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut, canola or grapeseed oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 12 medium shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails on (you can also use chicken -- 1 chicken breast cut into strips)
- 1 cup chopped tofu
- One 12-ounce bag rice flake noodles, soaked in lukewarm water for 20 minutes and drained (you can also use fettuccini or spaghetti.....less traditional but just as delicious)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
If you're worried about the spice, cut the amount of garlic and chili oil in half.