This recipe should seriously come with a warning. Because you WILL lick your plate. Unabashedly, with no remorse, and with absolute conviction. The sauce is what the rivers in heaven must be filled with -- buttery, umami flavor. Fresh cod goes for a swim, and comes out the other side RIDICULOUSLY amazing. I mean, seriously, this dish is what dreams are made of.
It's a riff on a VERY famous dish at Nobu, but for 1/16 the cost. Who says you can't get restaurant food at home? Well, cook them this dish and they'll promptly change their tune!
But, remember, I did warn you.......it's addicting.
One rule....be sure to use the freshest cod available. No frozen cod for this dish. I tested with both, and the frozen, while still tasty, seriously couldn't compare to the fresh.
It's from Chrissy Teigen's new book, Cravings Hungry from More.......and the only change I made was also testing it with asparagus. And they were just as yummy as the snap peas.
- 2 skinless center-cut (thick) fillets of cod (8 ounces) (if you can't find cod, sea bass is a great substitute)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/2 pound snap peas, ends trimmed
- Spicy Garlic-Miso Butter
- 1/2 stick (2 ounces) butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons white (shiro) miso
- 1 tablespoon finely minced chives
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sides: Sticky rice, basmati rice, or mashed potatoes
Recipe from Chrissy Teigen's Cravings, Hungry for More