These are completely addicting! Edamame beans are cooked and then tossed, while warm, in a salty spicy mixture.
- Seasoning Mix:
- 8 oz. (1 cup/ 240 gr.) kosher salt
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup or 120 gr.) shichimi (Japanese red pepper seasoning)
- 1 oz. (2 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 1/2 lb. edamame beans, in pods
- 1 tablespoon of Seasoning
Boil 7 cups of water in a large pan.
Add edamame to boiling water, and let boil for 5–10 minutes. (An alternative is to microwave the beans with a little water for 2-3 minutes on high)
Drain the edamame, and sprinkle seasoning over them.