A cooling dip made with Greek yogurt tames the heat of fiery chicken wings slathered with sriracha sauce just before they come off the grill.
- 1 cup (8 oz./250 g) Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 green onions, white and light green portions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1/3 oz./10 g) chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 lb. (1.5 kg) chicken wings, tips removed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) sriracha hot sauce
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Preheat a stainless-steel mesh chef’s pan on the grill with the lid closed.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lime juice, green onions and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the sides and bottom of the preheated pan. Cover the grill and cook, turning and rearranging the wings in the pan two or three times to ensure even cooking, until well browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Pour half of the hot sauce over the wings and toss. Pour the remaining hot sauce on the wings, toss again and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer the wings to a large bowl and serve immediately with the cilantro–green onion dip alongside.