Calling ALL spice lovers!! These chicken wings get bathed in sriracha sauce, and I highly recommend swiping them through the dip to cool off a bit. It's the perfect combo for summer -- a little sitting out by the pool and when you can't take the heat anymore, you jump in the pool to cool off.
You can use ANY hot sauce you like, so don't feel like it's sriracha or nothin'. Here's a link for more hot sauce ideas -- you seriously can't go wrong! It just depends on how spicy you like it!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (you can use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 sour cream for a lighter sauce, or use 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon OR lime juice
- 2 green onions, white and light green portions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (you can also use Italian flat-leaf parsley, or a combo of the two)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 pounds chicken wings, tips removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup your favorite hot sauce -- Sriracha, Frank's, and if you want a tasty spin Gochujang (links for ideas are in the description above!)
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Preheat a stainless-steel mesh chef’s pan on the grill with the lid closed.
TO MAKE THE CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE:
Stir together the yogurt, lime juice, green onions and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the olive oil and salt and pepper.
Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the sides and bottom of the preheated pan. Cover the grill and cook, turning and rearranging the wings in the pan two or three times to ensure even cooking, until well browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Pour half of the hot sauce over the wings and toss.
Pour the remaining hot sauce on the wings, toss again and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
Transfer the wings to a large bowl and serve immediately with the cilantro–green onion dip alongside.