This simple vegetarian pasta is perfect.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon (or more) hot chili oil*
- 1 pound fresh Chinese egg noodles or fresh angel hair pasta
- 12 green onions (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh Thai basil leaves
Heat peanut oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Transfer to large bowl. Add next 6 ingredients; whisk to blend.
Place noodles in sieve over sink. Separate noodles with fingers and shake to remove excess starch. Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain thoroughly and transfer to bowl with sauce.
Add sliced green onions and toss to coat noodles. Let stand at room temperature until noodles have absorbed dressing, tossing occasionally, about 1 hour. Stir in peanuts and Thai basil; toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.