This Tex-Mex Cheesy Beef Quiche is a great weeknight meal, filled with the delicious flavors of the Southwest and topped with handfuls of Taco Shredded Cheese.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust , room temperature
- 1- pound lean ground beef
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced, white parts only
- 1 can (10-ounces) Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- salt and fresh black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cream Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups taco Shredded Cheese
Preheat oven to 375.
Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and line with pie crust; set aside.
Place beef in a skillet and cook until browned; drain fat.
Stir in green onions, canned tomatoes, salt, pepper, and chili powder; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, water, cream cheese, and nutmeg; whisk until well combined.
Spoon ground beef mixture into previously prepared pie crust.
Pour egg mixture over beef and top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set.