I love making this as gifts because you don't have to worry about crumbling into bits (which cookies tend to do!). Hazelnuts are what I usually use, but you can easily substitute almonds instead.
- 4 ounces milk chocolate (the best quality you can find like Ghirardelli), chopped
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 18 ounces bittersweet chocolate (you can substitute semisweet chocolate)
- 32 1-inch diameter gold foil candy cups (or any small decorative cupcake wrapper)
- 32 whole hazelnuts, toasted