My cast iron skillet is one of the work horses of my kitchen. I love it for the amazing way it conducts heat making it perfect for this dish. Chicken is browned and then a champagne shallot sauce is created which the chicken simmers in until fully cooked. Fresh tarragon is one of my favorite herbs to pair with chicken and finishes this dish off perfectly. It sounds fancy, but is incredibly easy to make and will impress your family and dinner guests.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 organic chicken breasts or thighs (skin on, bone in)
- sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 large shallot (minced)
- 1 cup brut Champagne
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh tarragon
- fresh lemon juice (to garnish)
If chicken thighs are small, you can easily fit 6 in the pan.