Start the potatoes first and while they're cooling a bit, cook the shrimp and broccoli. It's an easy meal that comes together quickly and is a healthy, light meal --- perfect for a lazy summer evening dinner.
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds (you can substitute ground coriander)
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds (you can substitute ground cumin)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of hot chili powder
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 ¼ teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons oil, coriander, cumin, chili powder and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
Spread broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. The broccoli will be just starting to brown. Add shrimp to baking sheet and toss with broccoli. Roast, tossing once halfway through, until shrimp are just opaque and broccoli is tender and golden around edges, about 10 minutes more.
Squeeze lemon juice over shrimp and broccoli just before serving.