You can't go wrong with this recipe....DELISH!!!!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed and shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped Thai basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cooked jasmine rice, accompaniment
- Sprigs fresh cilantro, garnish
In a large wok or saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, bell peppers, carrots, and garlic, and stir-fry until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stirring, add the fish sauce and sugar, then the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
Simmer until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and cilantro.
Serve over jasmine rice, garnished with cilantro sprigs.