I made this for my daughter's Halloween class party and it was a HUGE hit! Seriously, what's not to like? Cheese and more cheese mixed with salsa and rolled in crushed Doritos. Not to worry, big kids will like this, too.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups shredded Sharp cheddar
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons salsa (use your favorite brand)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 small bags of nacho Doritos, crushed
- Stem of a bell pepper
- 1 bag of black tortilla chips
In a stand mixer, blend cream cheese with the cheese, onion, salsa, cumin and jalapeno. Lay a large sheet of plastic wrap on your kitchen counter.
Lay another large piece of plastic wrap across the bottom piece to form a “T.”
Scoop cheese mixture onto plastic wrap and wrap the plastic around the cheese, using the wrap to form the mixture into a 5-inch pumpkin-shaped ball; chill at least 2 hours.
To serve, unwrap, roll in the crushed chips and press a bell pepper stem into the top.
Place on a platter and surround with the tortilla chips. Serve immediately.