This is a little different twist on your standard split pea soup. Using yellow peas, yellow tomatoes and yellow curry paste provides this soup with a cheery color, even on the darkest and coldest winter night. Coconut milk adds a healthy dose of rich creaminess. This is the soup to get your 2017 off to a healthy start!
- 2 cups split peas (I like to use yellow, but you can also use green)*
- 7 cups water
- 1 medium yellow carrot or parsnip, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh peeled and minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons yellow curry paste10 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered (you can also use red cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- Garnishes: micro greens, toasted seeds, chives, crème fraîche or yogurt.
Lightly adapted from 101 Cookbooks