When you need a quick and easy meal, I've got you covered! You're going to look at the ingredients and you're first instinct might be -- "I have to roast squash, make pesto AND herby bread crumbs?" -- and, yes, you do, BUT it ALL can be made in stages! Make the pesto in the morning. Make the bread crumbs in the afternoon, and roast the squash in the evening. No time to do that? Make it all over the weekend, double the recipes, and nosh on it all week!
I HIGHLY recommend making homemade ricotta for this recipe. It's REALLY easy, no fancy or hard to find ingredients and the flavor is BEYOND amazing! Click here for the recipe I use all the time!
Very gently adapted from Food52
- 3 cups Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs you can find in your local grocery store)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, de-stemmed and washed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Ricotta cheese (click the link in the description above to get the recipe)
I highly recommend using homemade ricotta for this recipe! It's SO easy to make and the flavor is infinitely better than ANY store bought ricotta.