My husband's favorite salad. Add chicken for a main course.
- For the dressing:
- For the salad:
- 6 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- I head rinsed and spun romaine, torn into small pieces
- 3 sliced scallion cut on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup fried won ton strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
For the dressing:
Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate.
For the salad:
Toss all the salad ingredients together and toss with salad dressing.