The tender, juicy chicken, the harmony of crunchy veggies, salty sunflower seeds and crispy tortilla strips all sprinkled with buttery Monterrey Jack Cheese and doused in sweet, tangy and refreshing Honey Lime Mango Dressing.
- 2-3 chicken breasts (1 pound), pounded thin
- Chipotle Chicken Rub
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- For the salad:
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- Fresh corn kernels from 1 ear of sweet corn
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, quartered, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Tortilla strips or bacon (I prefer tortilla strips)
- For theHoney Mango Dressing:
- 1 1/4 cups chopped ripe mango (1 large mango)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded, deveined, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
For the chicken:
In a small bowl, whisk chicken rub ingredients together and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Time permitting, allow chicken to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate up to 8 hours then bring to room temperature before cooking.*
If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
Grill chicken undisturbed for 7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.)
Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
For the salad:
Honey Mango Dressing: Add all of the ingredients to your blender except the canola oil and chop then puree until smooth. Blend in canola oil. Taste and add additional jalapeno for spicier, honey for sweeter, and/or lime juice for tangier. Chill.
Prepare Chipotle Chicken according to directions. Chop or thinly slice cooked chicken.
To assemble, toss the chicken, Salad Ingredients, cheese and sunflower seed together in a large bowl. Garnish individual servings with tortilla strips and drizzle with dressing.