Summer is all about the potluck and pasta salad is one of the staples at every party. This takes the traditional pasta salad and turns it on its head in the most fabulous, flavorful way. Soba noodles are tossed with a tangy ginger scallion dressing, thinly sliced veggies for crunch and cilantro for freshness.
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- One 4-inch piece of ginger, peeled and very finely minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or wheat free tamari for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 large pinch granulated sugar
- Soba salad:
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 3 small or 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 cucumbers, julienned
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: 1 ½ - 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
TIP: If you want to add some protein to this dish, grilled shrimp (or chicken) would be delicious! If using shrimp: While noodles cook, soak skewers in water (if using wood skewers).