Bring a little bit of France to your child's lunch with this easy and delicious menu. You can make it even easier by substituting whatever sandwich meat you have on hand!
Brie and Prosciutto on Baguette with Apple Slices, Green Salad with Shredded CarrotsPrint Grocery List Print Recipe
- 1/2 French baguette, sliced in half
- 1 wedge of Brie
- 6 slices of prosciutto (substitute favorite meat, ham and turkey work – or if your child is going through a vegetarian phase feel free to leave out the meat all together!)
- 1 apple, sliced (my kids love Honeycrisp when they’re in season, but any apple your kids like will work. You can also substitute grapes)
- Spring Salad Mix
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (to make it super easy, but a bag of pre-shredded carrots)
- Your favorite salad dressing
Spread some butter on the baguette, then layer each half with 1/2 wedge of Brie and 3 slices of prosciutto. If I remember, I like to leave the Brie out in the morning while I make breakfast, so it gets a bit soft which will make it easier to spread on the bread. If you don’t have time for that, take a knife, cut the wedge of brie into smaller bits and then place those on the bread.
Toss the salad mix with the shredded carrots and dressing.
Layer the apple slices next to the salad.