This versatile salad is the perfect side dish, or add grilled fish or grilled chicken for a delicious lunch or easy, light dinner.
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and cut into large wedges
- 1/2 fennel bulb, shaved into thin crescents (use a mandoline or vegetable peeler)
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
Pre-heat oven to 350° degrees.
On a baking sheet, lay the slices of prosciutto in a single layer. Bake until prosciutto becomes firm and golden, about 15–20 minutes. The prosciutto may not be crisp in the oven, but, don’t worry, as it cools it will crisp up nicely.
While the prosciutto is cooking, toss the peaches, fennel, and arugula together in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and oil together, adding the oil in a slow stream to create an emulsion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the peaches, fennel and arugula together with the dressing and arrange on a serving platter or on plates.
Garnish the salad with the mozzarella and prosciutto.