This eggplant parmesan is a game changer. I mean it. It is one of the BEST THINGS I EVER MADE! The kind of good that people swoon over. In-laws, significant others, discerning foodies, staunch meat-lovers, genuine Italians;no one is immune to the deliciousness of this parm.
- 3 pounds eggplant (Choose the larger variety)
- 1 cup flour
- Generous amounts of olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 1/2 pound buffalo-milk mozzarella (if the balls are small, get two)
- 2-28 ounces cans of San Marzano (any brand is fine) canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced enough olive oil to cover the pan
- Peel the eggplant and slice long ways into 1/4 inch slices.