This is a light and refreshing twist on a classic chili. My bestie's daughter, Jen, created this delight.
- Lime wedges
- 1/4 cup extra virgin oil
- 5 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 ears fresh corn (remove corn from the cob)
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, small dice
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 jalepeno, finely chopped
- 5 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, draned and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tapitio
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 cup fried tortilla chips
- 1 chopped avocado
Saute onions and celery in large skillet until tender.
Add corn, spices, tomatoes, green onion, jalepeno and vegetable stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add beans and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Serve with fried tortilla strips, avocado and squeezed lime.