My mom made this when I was a kid and I didn't like vegetables. This soup changed everything.
- 2 1/2 lb beef sirloin
- 8 cups water
- 4 cubes instant beef bouillon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 dried bay leave
- 6 whole allspice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 16 oz. chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- In 8-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, combine first nine ingrediets.
- Stir in bouillon, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaves. Return to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef, allspice and bay leaves from broth. Skim and discard fat from broth. When meat is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Return meat to broth. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!