White Peaches work beautifully in this dish.
- 2 large ripe peaches (I love using white peaches for this recipe!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 slices rustic country bread
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces blue cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups arugula
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- The easiest way to peel peaches is to make an X on the bottom of each peach. Place them in a pot of boiling water, and when the skin starts to peel back from the X, remove the peaches and put in a bowl of ice water. They should only be in the boiling water for about 1-2 minutes. Once the peaches are cool, peel them over a bowl to collect all the juices.
- Slice the peaches and add to the bowl with their juices, the lemon juice and honey. Toss to combine.
- Slice the bread, brush with olive oil and toast. Spread the cheese on the toast; lay some peach slices on top, a pinch of sea salt and a bit of freshly ground pepper.
- To the juices, add the olive oil and whisk to combine. Toss the arugula in the dressing and place some arugula on top of the peaches.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!