halloween treats, rice krispy, snacks,
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- One 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- Red food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Red gel icing
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. You can also melt the butter in the microwave. Add marshmallows and heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently. Add a few drops of red food coloring so the butter marshmallow mixture turns the color of a brain, slightly pink.
- Add the cereal and stir until evenly coated with the marshmallow / butter mix.
- While mixture is still warm, spray your hands with non-stick spray and scoop up about 1/4 cup of marshmallow coated cereal. Form into a ball, then flatten a bit and give it a brain like indent with a knife. Coat the knife in non-stick spray to make it easy to make the indents without the knife sticking. Set finished brain onto a parchment or wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Let brains cool, about 20-30 minutes, and then drizzle with red gel icing to give them that gorey brain look.
- Makes 12-16 brains, depending upon how big you made them. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.From Left Brain Craft Brain
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!