This colorful summer salad features fresh asparagus tossed with a light homemade dressing, fresh herbs, red onion, pine nuts, and feta cheese.
- 2 pounds thick asparagus, cut into 2-in. pieces on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh basil, chives, and cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Drop asparagus into a large pot of boiling water and cook until bright green and slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
Drain asparagus and rinse with very cold water until cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, oil, and herbs. Add asparagus, onion, pine nuts, feta, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.