- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 oz or ½ lb of mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 cup basil oil (if you can't find basil oil, use extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 avocados, cut in half, remove pit and skin -- leave the halves in tact so you can stuff them
- 10 ounces of your favorite salad mix -- arugula, mixed greens, radicchio
- 6- 8 fresh basil leaves torn
- Maldon salt
Place the tomatoes and mozzarella in a small bowl. Add the basil oil (or extra virgin olive oil) and balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat. Can be used immediately or refrigerated until ready to assemble the avocados.
For the caprese stuffed avocados:
Cut the avocadoes in half lengthwise, remove pits and carefully peel the avocado halves.
Place a large handful of greens on to each plate, then top with avocado half.
Spoon the tomato mozzarella caprese filling into the avocado halves.
Drizzle with extra balsamic vinegar.
Sprinkle with Maldon salt and pepper.
Garnish with torn fresh basil leaves.