This refreshing salad is a riff on the Greek salad, but instead of tomatoes uses sweet honeydew melon. Lemon salad dressing adds a touch of tartiness, and the fresh dill and feta tie everything together will a bit of freshness and salt.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 medium honeydew (or cantaloupe) melon, seeded and cut in bite-size cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (you can also use fresh basil or fresh mint)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a mason jar, add lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Shake until dressing is combined. Set aside. You can make the dressing a week ahead of time. It’s a great dressing to double and use on other salads.
In a large bowl, add honeydew melon, cucumber, and fresh dill. Toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over the salad and stir. Top with feta and serve.