This takes a simple corn salad and blows the flavor UP with a citrus aioli. You start off pre-cooking the corn on the stove, and then finish it up on the grill to get the smokey charred flavor.
The flavors all work together to make sure the corn is still the star of the dish making this dish a "must serve" summer dish!
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 garlic clove or a small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ounce queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce cotija cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and a generous pinch of salt and return to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain the corn and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lime and lemon zests and juices along with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the mustard, garlic and cayenne. Season the citrus aioli with salt.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan.
Brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt.
Grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly, then cut the kernels off the cobs; discard the cobs.
In a large bowl, toss the corn with the softened butter. Stir in the citrus aioli.
Add the queso fresco, cotija, parsley and cilantro.
Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.