Curry gives this versatile side dish an Indian twist and incredible boost of flavor. Butternut squash and chickpeas are tossed with curry and cayenne pepper, roasted, and topped with a cool cilantro yogurt sauce.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 can chickpeas
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. mild curry powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ cup Greek whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro (you can substitute parsley)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss cubed butternut squash with chickpeas, olive oil, curry, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast about 1 hour, or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix yogurt with cilantro and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon roasted butternut squash and chickpeas onto a platter and drizzle with about half of the yogurt sauce. Serve remaining yogurt sauce on side.