- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 cup shredded green or red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- slivered almonds or walnuts, optional to garnish.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and fish sauce. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, mix with the dressing and let sit for 20-30 minutes before serving. If not serving right away, refrigerate for up to 5 hours. If using nuts, add right before serving.