These are a delicious alternative to green beans and are just as easy to prepare!
- 1/2 pound Chinese long beans (if you can’t find long beans, regular green beans will work)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (if your family likes a bit of heat, add a generous pinch!)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper
Blanch the green beans in a large pot of boiling water. Only blanch for about 2 minutes until they are slightly tender, but still have a crunch. Drain and set beans aside.
In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add scallions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until they soften. Then add ginger and garlic and give a quick stir. Add the long beans and toss, so the beans are coated with the scallions, ginger and garlic. Add the red pepper flakes and toss again. Stir in the honey and sesame oil.
Season with salt and pepper.