Who knew Caesar Salad could be healthy? This version is so packed with flavor you won't remember it's good for you, too!
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4-cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2-teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small garlic clove (you can add another if you like it extra garlicky!)
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (I use Wizard's gluten-free brand. You can also substitute regular Worcestershire sauce)
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved or grated, to garnish
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1 small/medium bunch lacinato kale, leaves only (5 cups chopped)
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce (10 cups chopped)
- FOR THE ROASTED CHICKPEA "CROUTONS"
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Lightly Adapted from Oh She Glows.