Polenta is a staple side dish in Italian cuisine for its versatility and the ability to amp up the flavor with a wide assortment of cheeses and herbs. This version has parsley and Parmesan and is the perfect vehicle for soaking up the addicting Marsala sauce.
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup polenta (you can also use yellow cornmeal)
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup whole milk (you can also use 2%)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into slices
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley