Roasted walnuts and red pepper flakes wake up the Swiss Chard and add an extra flavor element that makes this veggie dish extra delicious.
- 2 bunches Swiss chard (chopped, large stems removed)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and then add the Swiss chard. Using tongs, gently toss the Swiss chard until it starts to wilt. Add the walnuts until they get lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Add the vinegar and lemon zest and juice.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I like to add the extra kick of some red pepper flakes, but if your family doesn’t like spice you can leave them out.