The mushrooms are golden brown and are served on top of toasted bread. You can add the steak for an open faced sandwich, use the bread to sop up the sauce, or eat everything separately. However you choose to eat this meal, one thing is guaranteed…..there won’t be any leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms (use button, cremini, shitake), cut into large pieces
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian leaf parsley
- 1 baguette French bread, sliced and toasted