- 1 teaspoon salt
- large head Romaine hearts, cut into 1” squares
- (Wash individual leaves in warm water, drain and dry in colander and refrigerate.)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¾ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- ¾ cup chopped bacon, cooked
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh mint*
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced oregano leaves
- ½ cup croutons*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 coddled egg
To make the dressing, put the salt, pepper, lemon juice, oil, and coddled egg in a bowl and whisk vigorously, then reserve.
In a salad bowl, add the prepared romaine, green onion, cheese, bacon, croutons, oregano, and mint. Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly.
Arrange the salad onto chilled plates and finish with cherry tomatoes.