Fall in love with spinach ---- when it's coated in a tangy dressing and tossed with crunchy walnuts and tart pomegranates.
- 1/4-cup pomegranate molasses (you can find this at Trader Joe’s)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey (I love the Turkish honey from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4-cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups lightly packed spinach (you can substitute your favorite lettuce --- butter lettuce or arugula would be delicious)
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, thin shavings
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
To make vinaigrette, combine molasses, lemon juice, honey and vinegar in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while you whisk to emulsify. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Toss salad ingredients together and dress with the vinaigrette.
If you have extra vinaigrette, it will keep fresh in your refrigerator for up to 4 days.
TIP: For Parmesan cheese shavings, use a vegetable peeler. You will get the perfect shavings every time!
TIP #2: You can buy pomegranate seeds OR use a whole pomegranate. I like to use a whole pomegranate because I know it’s fresh, and it also is usually much cheaper than buying just the seeds.
If you’re using a whole pomegranate, fill a large bowl half way with water. Cut the pomegranate in half, and submerge the 2 halves under the water. Using your fingers, separate the seeds and discard the pulp. Pour the seeds/water through a strainer to separate the seeds.