Spinach and Mushroom Quinoa Bowl
No ratings yet
Total Time: 35 minutes minutes
- 2 cups quinoa (I love using multi-colored)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 bunch spinach
- Red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Handful of fresh arugula
- Rinse quinoa, put in medium pot with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, and simmer until water is evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, in a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic. Sauté for a couple of minutes, then add mushrooms. When they start to brown, add the spinach. Toss the spinach with tongs to help coat it with the olive oil. The spinach will start to wilt, then add red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, put the walnut oil, lemon zest and juice, goat cheese and almonds.
- When the quinoa is done, add it to the bowl and toss to coat it with the walnut oil mixture. Then add the mushroom mixture and a handful of arugula, and stir so all the ingredients are well combined.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!