Crispy nutty chicken with a creamy flavorful sauce.
Almond Crusted Chicken with Buerre Blanc
No ratings yet
Total Time: 25 minutes minutes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 scallions, whites and greens, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 8 pieces chicken breast cutlets, 1 1/4 pounds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup light extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
- Combine the scallions, white wine and 2 tablespoons cream in a saucepan over medium heat and reduce to 1/4 cup liquid, 5 to 6 minutes.
- While the sauce is working, beat egg and set chicken into it. Combine almonds, bread crumbs, nutmeg, salt and pepper, to taste, in a food processor and pulse to combine. Pour almond and bread crumb mixture into dish. Remove chicken from the egg and coat in the bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons, oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add cutlets and cook 3 minutes on each side, transfer to a plate and cover with foil and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons cream into the sauce, a splash. Lower the heat on the sauce and whisk the butter into pot until it has incorporated. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Place 2 cutlets on each dinner plate and spoon a little beurre blanc sauce down over top of the cutlets.
- Serve with rice of your choice on the side.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!