This is a must try. Takes Brussel Sprouts to a whole new level.
Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta and Garlic Croutons
No ratings yet
Total Time: 1 hour hour 5 minutes minutes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 slices rustic country bread
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 fat clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Trim and quarter the brussels sprouts (halve them if they're small). Tear the bread into small cubes about 1/3 inch in diameter; you'll need about 1/2 cup.
- In an ovenproof pan, fry the pancetta over low heat until crisp. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to the pan, and over medium low heat soften the shallot, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and whole thyme sprigs and cook for another minute. Turn the heat up to medium and add the bread cubes, stirring to coat them in the oil. Cook for a 5 minutes, or until the croutons are starting to brown. Set aside.
- Par boil the brussel sprouts untll partially cooked, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil along with the butter to the pan, with the partially cooked sprouts. Cook for 20 minutes or until they sizzle and and are nicely carmelized. Stir everything together, adding salt and pepper to taste, and sprouts and cook just tender, about 10 minutes, and everything is crisp.
- Remove the thyme sprigs, shower the sprouts with the Parmesan and serve.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!