It is cherry season! Have you been enjoying them? This sauce marries well with Pork!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries, pitted and stems removed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for another minute or two.
- Stir in the cherries, ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic, worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, and black pepper.Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor (or keep it in the pan and use an immersion blender). Blend until smooth. Return to pan. Bring it back to a simmer and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!