Cous Cous with Pine Nuts (Side Dish)
No ratings yet
Total Time: 25 minutes minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots (3 to 4 shallots)
- 3 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (pignolis)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the shallots and cook them over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the chicken stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the couscous, cover the pan, and set aside for 10 minutes. Add the toasted pine nuts, and parsley and fluff with a fork to combine. Serve hot.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!