BEST and EASIEST crab rangoon recipe with cream cheese and wonton wrapper. Quick, fool-proof and MUCH better than Chinese takeout!!
- 1 brick (8 oz) Kraft Philadelphia Regular Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces crab meat (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Canola Oil, for deep frying
- Serve with Sweet and sour sauce
- Mix all the cream cheese, crab meat, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Stir to blend well.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Dab some water on the outer edges of the wonton wrapper and fold the two ends of the wrapper together. Fold the other two ends to make a tiny parcel pictured below. Pinch to seal tight and make sure that there is no leakage.
- Heat up a pot of oil for deep frying.
- Fry the crab rangoons until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Use a strainer or slotted spoon to remove the rangoons.
- Drain the excess oil by layering rangoons on dish lined with paper towels.
- Let them cool slightly, serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Have you made this recipe?I'd love to know! Leave a comment or recipe rating and tag me @amenuforyou on social media!