This easy, Asian-inspired cucumber salad recipe is a great way to enjoy summer's harvest.
Cucumber Salad (Side Dish)
- 2 small seedless cucumbers, or 1 large seedless cucumber, thinly sliced (this is a great time to pull out the mandoline!)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white parts only
- 1/4 jalapeno or Thai chili (less if you want it less spicy, more if you like a bit of heat)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Place the sliced cucumbers and scallions in a medium bowl. Slice the jalapeno or Thai chili in very thin rings, removing the seeds if you are concerned about it being overly spicy. Add the jalapeno to the cucumbers and scallions.
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar and salt and stir to combine the dressing with the ingredients.
- This salad gets even better if you have the time to let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!